Farmer's Daughter

Although 20+ years removed from the farm, farmer's daughter is still a title I enjoy.
Growing up on a farm taught me many invaluable lessons, two of those being frugality and creativity.
Now as a wife and a mom, I love to put into practice what I learned growing up as a
Farmer's Daughter.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Waldorf Salad

This recipe reminds me of my grandmother - my mother's mom.

It also reminds me of spring. I like to think about spring.

Especially when the forecast is for 4-7 inches of snow.

apple (I peel mine because I don't like the peel. However, it is prettier if you leave the peel on.)
celery (I leave this out because I don't like celery.)
walnuts, chopped
grapes (I prefer red, but they were too expensive this week, so I am using green.)
salad dressing (What my mom calls Miracle Whip. Use just enough to coat the fruit and nuts.)
sugar (I add just enough to slightly sweeten the salad dressing.)

Mix the first four ingredients in whatever proportions suit you. In a separate bowl mix salad dressing with small amount of sugar. Stir into fruit mixture. Refrigerate to blend flavors.

Enjoy and think of spring!

Love Me

No comments: