Farmer's Daughter

Although 20+ years removed from the farm, farmer's daughter is still a title I enjoy.
Growing up on a farm taught me many invaluable lessons, two of those being frugality and creativity.
Now as a wife and a mom, I love to put into practice what I learned growing up as a
Farmer's Daughter.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

2/22/10 Menu

Joel is nearing tournament time in basketball and has a slew of make-up games before then. So this week will again be spent a lot on the road.

Levi fortunately got out of getting his wisdom teeth extracted - it seems his trouble was more easily fixed with two root canals. He didn't miss a meal although he was pretty sore and swollen! He is back to work and school and will applaud the fact that I plan on getting groceries today.

Megan has been working a lot at the hospital as we are adjusting to a new computer program - in fact, she will most likely be working upstairs in the Breast Care Center with me today. She, too, will probably applaud the fact that I plan on getting groceries today. That is until I ask her to go with me!

Tuesday - chicken-sour cream enchiladas/chips and salsa (after Joel's home game)
Wednesday - chili with peanut butter sandwiches (before church)
Thursday - round steak supreme/mashed potatoes/green beans (enjoy our one night at home!)
Friday - left-over chili (before we leave for Joel's away game - 2 hours away)
Saturday - farm fresh spinach quiche (breakfast) soup and sandwiches (lunch) Grace, Grandpa and Andrew's Birthday Party at my parents that night
Sunday - ham loaf/buttered potatoes/Bree's strawberry-spinach salad/raisin pie - YUMMY!

Sunday's menu is most likely exactly what I will be serving for our Easter dinner - but I guess we can call this practice. Right?

Recipes I will highlight this week: chicken-sour cream enchiladas, round steak supreme, ham loaf, Bree's strawberry-spinach salad, and raisin pie.

Love Me

No comments: