Farmer's Daughter

Although 20+ years removed from the farm, farmer's daughter is still a title I enjoy.
Growing up on a farm taught me many invaluable lessons, two of those being frugality and creativity.
Now as a wife and a mom, I love to put into practice what I learned growing up as a
Farmer's Daughter.

Friday, February 19, 2010

Black Forest Pie

For some reason I have a strange attraction to cherries . . . I love fresh cherries, canned cherries, dried cherries . . . and chocolate covered cherries!

And for some reason I crave cherries in the winter. Go figure.

Well, it is winter and I am craving cherries. Maybe this sweet little lower calorie dessert will do the trick.

8 oz. thawed Lite Cool Whip
1 graham cracker pie crust
1 cup cold milk
1 pkg. (4-serving) Sugar-Free instant chocolate pudding
1 cup Lite or No Sugar Added cherry pie filling

Spread 1 cup of whipped topping on bottom of pie crust. Combine milk and pudding mix in bowl. Blend with wire whisk for 1 minutes. Fold in 1 1/2 cups of the whipped topping.

Spread pudding mixture over whipped topping layer. Spread remaining whipped topping over top, leaving a 1-inch border and forming a depression in the center of the topping.

Spoon cherry pie filling in the center. Chill at least 2 hours. Garnish with melted chocolate if desired.

Love Me

No comments: