Farmer's Daughter

Although 20+ years removed from the farm, farmer's daughter is still a title I enjoy.
Growing up on a farm taught me many invaluable lessons, two of those being frugality and creativity.
Now as a wife and a mom, I love to put into practice what I learned growing up as a
Farmer's Daughter.

Monday, February 15, 2010

2/15/10 Menu

Snow, snow, snow - another 4 inches today.

Brian took a vacation day today and we had planned on taking Joel someplace fun . . .

- Creation Museum?
- Bass Pro Shop near Louisville?
- State Museum?
- Spring Mill?

. . . but thanks to the snow, we have spent the day at home. It looks like our big adventure today may be a huge antique mall not too far away.

Brian hopes we will run across a priceless Batman collector's item
. . . and I am looking to snag a new bowl or maybe these . . .


Jadite measuring cups - I think I am in love!

Monday - cardboard pizza (a/k/a grocery store frozen pizza), cheesy puffcorn, chicken noodle soup, and orange rolls - Brian said this is good "snowed in" food
Tuesday - chicken BBQ pizza, chips, tropical fruit salad (after Joel's basketball game)
Wednesday - pulled pork sandwiches, chips, applesauce (before church)
Thursday - tomato soup, grilled cheese, and dill pickles (Levi gets his wisdom teeth out - I figured he would appreciate something that doesn't require a lot of chewing. Joel has a home game.)
Friday - cheese ravioli with marinara, salad, garlic bread (Levi will still be home recovering. Joel has an away game.)
Saturday - chili (traditional) with peanut butter sandwiches
Sunday - venison roast, green beans, sour cream scalloped potatoes, fruit cocktail cake. (I have invited my parents over for lunch.)

Recipes I will highlight this week: sour cream scalloped potatoes and fruit cocktail cake.

Love Me

No comments: