Farmer's Daughter

Although 20+ years removed from the farm, farmer's daughter is still a title I enjoy.
Growing up on a farm taught me many invaluable lessons, two of those being frugality and creativity.
Now as a wife and a mom, I love to put into practice what I learned growing up as a
Farmer's Daughter.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Chicken-Sour Cream Enchiladas

I love cooking Mexican at home. My only wish - I wish I had a set of Fiestaware to serve it on!

The green dishes are my favorite!

1 med. onion, chopped
1 Tbsp. olive oil
2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
16 oz. sour cream, divided
4 cups shredded Monterrey jack cheese, divided
12 6-inch flour tortillas
3 (4.5 oz) cans diced green chilies, divided
1 1/4 cup milk
2 Tbsp. flour

Sauce onion in oil over med. heat for 5 minutes.

Stir together chicken, 1/4 cup sour cream, 1 1/2 cups cheese, and sauteed onion. Spoon chicken mixture into tortillas and roll. Placed rolled tortillas in sprayed 9x13 pan.

Whisk 2 cans of chilies, milk, and flour in saucepan over med heat - gradually add cheese until melted and smooth. Pour over tortillas.

Spread remaining sour cream over top. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 -25 minutes.

Drain last can of chilies - spread on top before serving.

Love Me

No comments: