Farmer's Daughter

Although 20+ years removed from the farm, farmer's daughter is still a title I enjoy.
Growing up on a farm taught me many invaluable lessons, two of those being frugality and creativity.
Now as a wife and a mom, I love to put into practice what I learned growing up as a
Farmer's Daughter.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Sour Cream Scalloped Potatoes

This a recipe my mom wrote out for me and put in the Longaberger recipe basket/box she bought me while I was engaged.

Since I am feeling nostalgic about engagements, I thought of this recipe and decided to make it when my parents come over for Sunday dinner.

I will probably double this recipe for Sunday and bake in 13 x 9 glass dish. Any leftovers will reheat nicely.

2 large baking potatoes or 4 to 5 regular potatoes
1 med. onion, diced
2 Tbsp. butter
1 cup sour cream
4 hard boiled eggs, sliced
salt
pepper
paprika

Peel and slice potatoes 1/8" thick. Precook in boiling, salted water for 5 minutes; drain and set aside.

Saute onion in butter until glossy. Stir in sour cream and heat through but do not boil.

Layer in buttered 2 quart baking dish 1/2 of potatoes, egg slices and sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika. Repeat layers.

Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Be careful not to over bake.

Love Me

No comments: