Farmer's Daughter

Although 20+ years removed from the farm, farmer's daughter is still a title I enjoy.
Growing up on a farm taught me many invaluable lessons, two of those being frugality and creativity.
Now as a wife and a mom, I love to put into practice what I learned growing up as a
Farmer's Daughter.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

KFC coleslaw


I got this recipe from one of those secret recipe websites several years ago. It is supposed to taste like Kentucky Fried Chicken's original coleslaw.

I am not sure if it does, but I like this coleslaw - and it turned out much better than the Taco Bell burrito supreme recipe I tried.

Like all coleslaw this recipe is best if it is made several hours before serving to allow the flavors to mingle or marry or whatever they do.

Packaged, chopped cabbage/carrots makes this recipe even easier to make!

1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup buttermilk
2 1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 1/2 Tbsp. white vinegar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
8 cups finely chopped cabbage
1/4 cup shredded carrot
2 Tbsp. minced onion

Combine mayonnaise, sugar, milk, buttermilk, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper in a large bowl and beat until smooth.

Add the cabbage, carrots, and onion and mix well.

Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.

Love Me

No comments: