Farmer's Daughter

Although 20+ years removed from the farm, farmer's daughter is still a title I enjoy.
Growing up on a farm taught me many invaluable lessons, two of those being frugality and creativity.
Now as a wife and a mom, I love to put into practice what I learned growing up as a
Farmer's Daughter.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Banana Pudding with Peanuts



There are a few taste combos that I love!

I am not quite sure if these are unique to my family or if they are a regional thing or if maybe lots of people across the country or even the world like them.

All I know is these things go really well together:

bananas and peanut butter - this is the ONLY way I will eat a banana
baked beans and cottage cheese - something about the warm beans and the cold cottage cheese
scrambled eggs and ketchup - yummy, yummy, yummy
cornbread and beans with ketchup - without ketchup cornbread and beans gag me

Given my love of bananas and peanut butter it is understandable why I think this is the best banana pudding EVER!

Mother has made this banana pudding since I was little. In fact, her mother made this banana pudding long before I was born.

Forget Nilla Wafers and meringue - banana pudding was meant to made with PEANUTS!

2 boxes of vanilla pudding (sugar free works well)
milk
bananas
1 jar of salted peanuts

Make pudding according to package directions. Slice bananas. Using meat grinder, grind peanuts.

Spoon layer of ground peanuts into pretty glass bowl. Layer sliced bananas and then add layer of pudding. Repeat layers until bowl is full.

Garnish with remaining ground peanuts.

*This pudding is best eaten the day it is made. For some reason left-overs become a little watery.

Love Me

No comments: