Farmer's Daughter

Although 20+ years removed from the farm, farmer's daughter is still a title I enjoy.
Growing up on a farm taught me many invaluable lessons, two of those being frugality and creativity.
Now as a wife and a mom, I love to put into practice what I learned growing up as a
Farmer's Daughter.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Creamed Spinach


I almost embarrassed to post yet another spinach recipe, but this one is just too quick, easy, and yummy not to share. I saw it on TV the other day in a segment featuring bar food. Nice, right?

Considering the fact that we don't frequent bars, I was a foreigner to creamed spinach.

My mom used to make creamed peas on occasion. They are nice but totally different.

You can use either fresh spinach or frozen spinach for this. I did not have any heavy cream on hand so I used the half and half that I generously use in my coffee.

spinach (either fresh or frozen)
cream
butter
salt

Put spinach in large stock pot. Allow to cook down until soft.

IMPORTANT: Drain spinach well.

While spinach is cooking down, put desired amount of cream, butter and salt into deep skillet. Allow to reduce by half.

Add well-drained cooked spinach to cream. Heat through. Serve warm.

No comments: