Farmer's Daughter

Although 20+ years removed from the farm, farmer's daughter is still a title I enjoy.
Growing up on a farm taught me many invaluable lessons, two of those being frugality and creativity.
Now as a wife and a mom, I love to put into practice what I learned growing up as a
Farmer's Daughter.

Monday, March 29, 2010

3/29/10 Menu

It is Spring Break week around here which means Joel is home from school and I have taken a couple days off of work. It looks like the weather is going to be good, and I am looking forward to a nice week.

I am also excited that this is the week that precedes Resurrection Sunday! I am looking forward to an exciting day in church as well as time with family.

I plan on cooking more this week than I did last week now that my kitchen is all spruced-up!

Monday - brown sugar BBQ chicken, corn casserole, green beans
Tuesday - broccoli and chicken casserole, cooked carrots, cottage cheese, celebration cake
Wednesday - pork fritters, mac-n-cheese, applesauce (before church)
Thursday - savory turkey breast, seven layer salad, fresh-baked bread, brownies
Friday - meatloaf, buttered potatoes, relish tray, apples and dip
Saturday - spinach quiche (breakfast) Easter Dinner at my parents
Sunday - spiral ham, sweet potatoes, fried zucchini, creamed spinach, Hawaiian bread, coconut cream pie

Recipes I will highlight this week: brown sugar BBQ chicken, corn casserole, celebration cake, and coconut cream pie (my dad's favorite!)

No comments: