Farmer's Daughter

Although 20+ years removed from the farm, farmer's daughter is still a title I enjoy.
Growing up on a farm taught me many invaluable lessons, two of those being frugality and creativity.
Now as a wife and a mom, I love to put into practice what I learned growing up as a
Farmer's Daughter.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

California Baked Beans


When I was in grade school I told all of my friends that my mom invented snickerdoodles. I wasn't trying to lie, I seriously thought she invented them.

She says funny words like fiddlesticks and davenport - so I thought it reasonable that she invented the snickerdoodle - the sweet, cinnamon-sugar cookie with a funny name.

Even as an adult, I am unsure if my mom invented California baked beans. I believe there is a reasonable chance that she did. But considering we have no ties to California, I am not why she named this dish California baked beans.

Origin aside, this is Megan's favorite supper. Serve good and warm with a cold side of cottage cheese and give them a little mix on your plate.

Yummy goodness.

1 large can of Bush's baked beans (original), drained
1 pound lean ground beef
1 Tbsp. ketchup
1 Tbsp. brown sugar

Brown ground beef in large skillet; drain well and return to skillet. Add drained baked beans, ketchup, and brown sugar. Cook over med. heat until bubbly. Reduce heat and allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes.

Love Me

No comments: