Farmer's Daughter

Although 20+ years removed from the farm, farmer's daughter is still a title I enjoy.
Growing up on a farm taught me many invaluable lessons, two of those being frugality and creativity.
Now as a wife and a mom, I love to put into practice what I learned growing up as a
Farmer's Daughter.

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Chili with Fritos

I love this chili.

It was passed down to my mom from a lady at church and then to me. We have enjoyed it for several years now.

It is a nice switch from the traditional chili with spaghetti - you know, the kind that necessitates the dipping of peanut butter sandwiches. I can't eat regular chili without a . . . who am I kidding . . . without several peanut butter sandwiches!

Although no peanut butter sandwiches are required with this chili, it is a favorite of mine.

2 large can of stewed tomatoes
*I like to use whole tomatoes and break them up with my hands - leaving fairly large pieces of tomatoes
1 pkg. chili mix (McCormick's)
1 can chili beans (optional)
1 lb. hamburger, browned and seasoned
Fritos
shredded cheese
sour cream

In large skillet, brown ground beef - seasoning with salt and pepper. Drain and set aside.

In stock pot add tomatoes, chili mix, browned ground beef, and beans (if using). Bring to boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.

Serve chili with shredded cheese, Fritos, and sour cream.

This recipe is easily doubled - and as with any chili, it is even better the next day.

Programming Note: I will highlight turkey breast with cranberry sauce another week and not this week.

Love Me

No comments: