Farmer's Daughter

Although 20+ years removed from the farm, farmer's daughter is still a title I enjoy.
Growing up on a farm taught me many invaluable lessons, two of those being frugality and creativity.
Now as a wife and a mom, I love to put into practice what I learned growing up as a
Farmer's Daughter.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Ham/Hash Brown/Broccoli Casserole

I have to admit I did not make this casserole last night.

In fact, I have never made this casserole.

I planned to make it.

But after watching Joel play his heart out in his basketball game last night, I didn't have the heart to serve this for supper and watch him pick through it trying to avoid eating something green.

So we had biscuits and gravy and scrambled eggs for supper last night.

Let me tell you - there was no picking at his plate.

Just in case anyone is interested, however, here is the recipe for the ham/hash brown/broccoli casserole.

1 pkg. frozen hash browns
1 can cream of celery or mushroom soup
8 oz. sour cream
1 stick butter
8 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
1 (10 oz.) frozen broccoli, thawed
1 1/2 cup cubed ham

Combine all ingredients. Bake 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes (uncovered) at 350 degrees.


Love Me

No comments: