Farmer's Daughter

Although 20+ years removed from the farm, farmer's daughter is still a title I enjoy.
Growing up on a farm taught me many invaluable lessons, two of those being frugality and creativity.
Now as a wife and a mom, I love to put into practice what I learned growing up as a
Farmer's Daughter.

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Farm-Fresh Spinach Quiche

Be sure to click on picture to enlarge.
Pretty impressive fluted crust wouldn't you say?

This dish is amazing. I made it this morning and it was a big hit - I think it is the bacon that makes it so good.

Serve it for breakfast - or like we had it this morning as a brunch for sleepy heads who stayed up all night at the youth group lock-in.

8 slices bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled and divided
9-inch pie crust
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
10 oz. pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 1/2 cups milk
3 eggs, beaten
1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour

Sprinkle half of crumbled bacon on bottom of pie crust. Mix cheese, spinach, milk, eggs, and flour together. Pour over crust. Sprinkle remaining crumbled bacon on top.

Bake at 350 degrees for one hour until center is set. Makes 8 servings.

*Note the two jelly jars.
They contain prune breakfast butter that I made today too.
I will highlight this recipe sometime in February.


Spinach - it's not just for Popeye!

Love Me

No comments: