Farmer's Daughter

Although 20+ years removed from the farm, farmer's daughter is still a title I enjoy.
Growing up on a farm taught me many invaluable lessons, two of those being frugality and creativity.
Now as a wife and a mom, I love to put into practice what I learned growing up as a
Farmer's Daughter.

Friday, January 29, 2010

Homemade Restaurant Style Salsa

I can in no way, shape, or form take any credit for this recipe. It is from a website I faithfully visit every day - The Pioneer Woman (see my link on the right side bar).

She posted this a couple days ago. I made it today. We may never buy store bought salsa again.

I dumped all the ingredients in my new blender, pulsed a few times and viola! Salsa.

1 can (28 ounce) whole tomatoes with juice
2 cans (10 once) RoTel tomatoes (one Original and one Mild)
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 whole jalapeno, quartered and sliced thin
1/4 tsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 cup cilantro
Juice from 1/2 lime

Combine and pulse in food processor or blender until desired consistency.

Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.

Love Me

No comments: