Farmer's Daughter

Although 20+ years removed from the farm, farmer's daughter is still a title I enjoy.
Growing up on a farm taught me many invaluable lessons, two of those being frugality and creativity.
Now as a wife and a mom, I love to put into practice what I learned growing up as a
Farmer's Daughter.

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Steak Burritos


This is a new recipe for me - but I think it sounds awesome!

2 flank steaks (about 1 pound each)
2 envelopes taco seasoning
1 med. onion, chopped
1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chilies
1 Tbsp. white vinegar
10 flour tortillas (8 in.)
1 1/2 cup (6 oz.) Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1 1/2 cups plum tomatoes, chopped and seeded
3/4 cup sour cream

Cut steaks in half; rub with taco seasoning. Place in crock pot coated with cooking spray. Top with onion, chilies and vinegar. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender.

Remove steaks and cool slightly; shred meat with two forks. Return to slow cooker; heat through. Spoon about 1/2 cup meat mixture down center of each tortilla. Top with cheese, tomatoes, and sour cream. Fold ends and sides over filling.

Love Me

No comments: