Farmer's Daughter

Although 20+ years removed from the farm, farmer's daughter is still a title I enjoy.
Growing up on a farm taught me many invaluable lessons, two of those being frugality and creativity.
Now as a wife and a mom, I love to put into practice what I learned growing up as a
Farmer's Daughter.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

4/12/10 Menu

Joel leaves Tuesday at 5:30 am to head to Bob Jones University in South Carolina for AACS National Fine Arts Competition. Brian and I chaperoned the Nationals trip the last two years - 2008 Megan's senior year and 2009 Levi's senior year.

I hate that we aren't going this year but I don't hate that I am not spending the week sleeping on a bunk in a crowded dorm room. As much as I hate to admit it, I am definitely not a teenager anymore.

It will most likely be a quieter week at home with a little less running.

Monday - biscuits and gravy, strawberry and kiwi pizza
Tuesday - vegetable soup, patty melts, key lime pie
Wednesday - pork fritter sandwiches and California blend vegetables before church
Thursday - pulled pork sandwiches, broccoli salad, pink salad
Friday - Joel gets home! spaghetti with meat sauce, garlic bread, salad, angel food cake
Saturday - California baked beans and cottage cheese, chips, applesauce brownies
Sunday - Eat out. I am thinking Chinese. Maybe an early Mother's Day treat?

Recipes I will highlight this week: strawberry and kiwi tart, key lime pie (WW version), pink salad, and vegetable soup

No comments: