Farmer's Daughter

Although 20+ years removed from the farm, farmer's daughter is still a title I enjoy.
Growing up on a farm taught me many invaluable lessons, two of those being frugality and creativity.
Now as a wife and a mom, I love to put into practice what I learned growing up as a
Farmer's Daughter.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Banana Salad


This recipe is a lot like my banana pudding with peanuts recipe - which is an absolute all-time favorite of mine.

But this particular recipe uses a homemade pudding - interesting. It is a recipe I uncovered in a cookbook that Brian's Grandma White gave me.

In my opinion you can't go wrong with bananas and ground peanuts - no matter if your pudding is cooked or instant. It is bound to be good!

1 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1 Tbsp. flour
1 egg
1 tsp. vinegar
1 (8oz.) can Spanish peanuts, ground
4-5 bananas, sliced

Cook first 4 ingredients until thick. Remove from heat. Add vinegar and cool.

Layer sliced bananas, pudding, and peanuts. Repeat layers.

Chill before serving.

Love Me

No comments: