Farmer's Daughter

Although 20+ years removed from the farm, farmer's daughter is still a title I enjoy.
Growing up on a farm taught me many invaluable lessons, two of those being frugality and creativity.
Now as a wife and a mom, I love to put into practice what I learned growing up as a
Farmer's Daughter.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Chicken Hot Dish


Necessity is truly the mother of invention.

I am not so sure about the MacGyver thing.

Anyway . . .

My necessity - a filling supper made from what I have on hand to be cooked while I am gone.

My invention - Chicken Hot Dish in the crock pot!

3 chicken breasts (uncooked), chunked
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
4 cups frozen hash browns
1 pkg (10 oz.) frozen spinach
1 cup Velveeta, cubed
salt and pepper to taste

In large bowl, mix frozen hash browns and soups. Add frozen spinach; mix well. Stir in cubed chicken and cubed Velveeta.

Pour mixture into sprayed crock pot. Cook on high for 3-4 hours - or until chicken is tender.

Allow to cool slightly. Will set up some as it cools. Serve over biscuits if desired.

Love Me

No comments: