Farmer's Daughter

Although 20+ years removed from the farm, farmer's daughter is still a title I enjoy.
Growing up on a farm taught me many invaluable lessons, two of those being frugality and creativity.
Now as a wife and a mom, I love to put into practice what I learned growing up as a
Farmer's Daughter.

Monday, June 28, 2010

6/28/10 Menu

Another busy week - but thank goodness for a cold front that will be bringing us a break from 90 degree heat!

And thank goodness for my crock pot!

I think the crock pot is typically thought of as something to use in the winter - to make cozy soups and stews. But I love my crock pot even in the summer - especially because I don't have to heat up the oven!

Monday - Date night at Richard's Brick Oven Pizza! (Thanks to my SIL, Bree, for the review!)
Tuesday - pulled pork BBQ, baked beans, cottage cheese
Wednesday - eat out after church
Thursday - crock pot roasted chicken, corn pudding, salad
Friday - ham steaks, green beans, scalloped potatoes, brownies
Saturday - spaghetti and meatballs, creamed spinach, lemon cake

Recipe I will highlight this week: lemon cake.

Love Me

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope you enjoy Richard's. Can't wait to see what you get. Enjoy.

Me said...

LOL . . . would you believe they are closed on Monday!

But Levi and Hope ate there tonight (Tuesday). He texted me that it was awesome!

I will find out what they ordered when he gets home - what a goober!