Farmer's Daughter

Although 20+ years removed from the farm, farmer's daughter is still a title I enjoy.
Growing up on a farm taught me many invaluable lessons, two of those being frugality and creativity.
Now as a wife and a mom, I love to put into practice what I learned growing up as a
Farmer's Daughter.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Yogurt Cream and Berries

I am not a huge yogurt fan, but I love this recipe. It is straight from the Pioneer Woman's website - so I give her all the credit. (You've got to check out this link - I am totally jealous of her jadite!)

Because I have been on a strawberry kick this last week, I am serving this over strawberries instead of blueberries like she does.

A light granola could even be added if you are so inclined.

1 1/2 cups plain, unflavored yogurt
1 1/4 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup brown sugar
blueberries or strawberries

Pour the yogurt into a bowl. Then add the cream. With a whisk carefully stir until combined. Sprinkle the brown sugar evenly over the top of the yogurt mixture.

Do not stir the mixture.

Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and tightly seal the edges. Refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours.

When ready to serve, you can either leave the mixture as is or stir with a whisk until smooth.

Serve over berries.

Love Me

No comments: