Farmer's Daughter

Although 20+ years removed from the farm, farmer's daughter is still a title I enjoy.
Growing up on a farm taught me many invaluable lessons, two of those being frugality and creativity.
Now as a wife and a mom, I love to put into practice what I learned growing up as a
Farmer's Daughter.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Waldorf Sandwiches

I love Waldorf Salad and I love cinnamon-raisin bread.

This sandwich combines the two - sweet and yummy!

2 cups shredded unpeeled apple
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 celery ribs, finely chopped
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
14 to 16 slices cinnamon-raisin bread (lightly toasted)

In a bowl, toss apple with lemon juice. Stir in celery, walnuts and mayonnaise; mix well. Spread apple mixture on seven to eight bread slices, top with remaining bread.

Yield: 7-8 sandwiches

Love Me

No comments: