Farmer's Daughter

Although 20+ years removed from the farm, farmer's daughter is still a title I enjoy.
Growing up on a farm taught me many invaluable lessons, two of those being frugality and creativity.
Now as a wife and a mom, I love to put into practice what I learned growing up as a
Farmer's Daughter.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Fresh Strawberry Pound Cake a/k/a Best Strawbery Cake EVER


I love strawberries! Oh, do I love strawberries!

And I heard it was going to be a bumper-crop year for strawberries! Yay! for me!

This cake, in my opinion, is the best strawberry cake you will ever eat. Made with fresh strawberries and strawberry jello for added flavor - it is moist and super delicious.

I rarely make the glaze and I don't always bake the cake in a Bundt pan - sometimes I bake it in two loaf pans and serve it more like you would a banana bread.

Since the strawberries are crushed, it is a perfect recipe to use up those not-so-perfect strawberries. If there is such a thing.

Cake:
1 box white cake mix
1 cup crushed fresh strawberries
1 (3 oz.) strawberry jello
1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs, room temperature

Glaze:
1/4 cup margarine
3 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1/4 cup mashed strawberries

Combine cake ingredients together in large mixing bowl; mix for 3 minutes. Pour in sprayed Bundt pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 45-55 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes; remove to serving plate. Combine glaze ingredients until smooth and spread over cake. (May be frozen with or without glaze.)

Love Me

No comments: