Farmer's Daughter

Although 20+ years removed from the farm, farmer's daughter is still a title I enjoy.
Growing up on a farm taught me many invaluable lessons, two of those being frugality and creativity.
Now as a wife and a mom, I love to put into practice what I learned growing up as a
Farmer's Daughter.

Friday, August 27, 2010

Oriental Spinach Salad


This is another DELISH spinach dish! A dear friend from the Breast Cancer Support Group I lead gave me this recipe - thanks Debbie!

The water chestnuts really send this salad over the top in yummy-ness!

2 bags spinach, torn
2 cans water chestnuts, sliced thin
2 cups fresh bean sprouts (or approx. 1 bag)
4 hard cooked eggs, chopped
1/2 lb. bacon, fried and broken into small pieces

Dressing:

1 cup salad oil
3/4 cup sugar
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 small red onion, chopped
2 tsp. salt
1/3 cup catsup
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar

Place all dressing ingredients in a jar and shake or use a blender to lightly blend. Ingredients can be mixed the day before and stored in the refrigerator.

Toss the salad and add the dressing just before serving.

*Note: I think this makes a little too much dressing for my liking. I would recommend pouring the dressing on a little at a time and then tossing the salad - adding only the amount of dressing you want.

Love Me

No comments: