Farmer's Daughter

Although 20+ years removed from the farm, farmer's daughter is still a title I enjoy.
Growing up on a farm taught me many invaluable lessons, two of those being frugality and creativity.
Now as a wife and a mom, I love to put into practice what I learned growing up as a
Farmer's Daughter.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

8/9/10 Menu


There is no menu this week.

It's been too hot to cook . . .
too hot to eat . . .
too hot to blog.

I would wish for fall . . .
for chili . . .
for pumpkin pie . . .

But I don't want to wish my life away.

I rather want to enjoy each and every day -
whether they be hot or cold!

This is the day that the Lord has made -
I will rejoice and be glad in it!

Praise God for HOT summer days . . .

here is my list of cold, summer foods to rejoice and be glad in:

garden tomatoes chilled in the fridge
fudge pops from IGA
watermelon
even better - seedless watermelon
grapes and whipped cream cheese
COLD pickled beets
cream cheese and cucumber sandwiches
homemade ice cream
lemon shake-ups
fresh frozen blackberries served slightly thawed
chilled Pepsi Throwback

Yes, I am a bad girl.

Love Me

No comments: