Farmer's Daughter

Although 20+ years removed from the farm, farmer's daughter is still a title I enjoy.
Growing up on a farm taught me many invaluable lessons, two of those being frugality and creativity.
Now as a wife and a mom, I love to put into practice what I learned growing up as a
Farmer's Daughter.

Monday, August 2, 2010

8/2/10 Menu

I am giving up cooking and instead giving in to a life of eating from the drive-thru.

Joel is away at soccer camp this week, the heat here has returned, Megan and Levi are gone most evenings, and all Brian ever wants to eat anymore are BLTs now that tomatoes are in season.

Who needs a menu when all you eat is BLTs?

Does anyone have any McDonald's coupons I can have?

Monday - chicken patty sandwiches with lettuce and tomatoes (of course), spinach, applesauce, oatmeal cookies
Tuesday - meatball subs, cottage cheese and chips
Wednesday - eat out after church
Thursday - crock pot rotisserie chicken, creamed spinach, sweet potatoes, pickled beets, bread pudding with lemon sauce (It's my birthday and I can cook what I want to! Ha ha)
Friday - celebrate both mine and Brian's birthday at my parents (Homemade ice cream, angel food cake and strawberries are on the menu!)
Saturday - venison roast with potatoes and carrots (we didn't have it last week as planned), Hawaiian bread, chocolate freezer pie - Joel will be home!

Recipes I will highlight this week: freezer pies!

Love Me

No comments: