Farmer's Daughter

Although 20+ years removed from the farm, farmer's daughter is still a title I enjoy.
Growing up on a farm taught me many invaluable lessons, two of those being frugality and creativity.
Now as a wife and a mom, I love to put into practice what I learned growing up as a
Farmer's Daughter.

Monday, January 10, 2011

1/10/11 Menu


Weather forecasters are predicting a winter storm for our area tomorrow which means Walmart was packed today with people grocery shopping. You know, stocking up on the staples . . .

. . . bread and milk. Because heaven forbid you get snowed in without any bread and milk.

I can think of a lot worse things to be snowed in without - toilet paper for one. Although I have never seen Charmin being hauled out of Walmart in mass quantities during the threat of snow. Oddly enough I did hear that strawberry jello sells out in some areas when snow is predicted.

I don't quite understand that one.

For me, however, being snowed in without some form of chocolate would induce a severe case of cabin fever within hours. So today, I skipped the bread and went straight for the brownie mix.

Although I am fairly confident that the weathermen are once again overreacting, I am now stocked with milk and brownie mix.

Let it snow!

Monday - chili with Fritos, left-over cheese cake bites
Tuesday - spaghetti and meatballs, garlic bread, spinach salad with oil and vinegar dressing
Wednesday - California baked beans, cottage cheese
Thursday - chicken fettucini with vegetables, crescent rolls
Friday - eat out on the way to Joel's basketball game
Saturday - baked chicken, green bean casserole, Au gratin potatoes

Recipes I will highlight this week: snow ice cream, blonde brownies, sour dough bread starter.

Love Me

No comments: