Farmer's Daughter

Although 20+ years removed from the farm, farmer's daughter is still a title I enjoy.
Growing up on a farm taught me many invaluable lessons, two of those being frugality and creativity.
Now as a wife and a mom, I love to put into practice what I learned growing up as a
Farmer's Daughter.

Friday, July 2, 2010

Meatball Subs


I love a quick, hardy meal - and these meatball subs are just that. Quick and hardy.

I use home-style meatballs from Walmart (or the Evil Place as my friend Linda calls it - ha ha). There are so many things you can do with these pre-cooked, frozen meatballs:

spaghetti and meatballs, easy crock pot meatballs, and meatball subs . . . just to name a few.

1 package frozen home-style meatballs
1 jar/can spaghetti sauce of choice (I use Hunts)
hot dog buns
dill pickle slices
black olives, sliced
mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
Grated Parmesan cheese

Heat meatballs in sauce until well warmed. I usually stick them in the crock pot either on high or low depending on how quickly I need them done.

To make sub: Spread mayonnaise or Miracle Whip on opened hot dog bun. Lay dill pickle slices down one side of the bun. Place 4-5 meatballs with sauce in each bun. Add black olives. Liberally sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

Looks fancy, tastes great, fills up empty stomachs, and leaves time to lie out on the trampoline and watch the stars.

Love Me

No comments: