Farmer's Daughter

Although 20+ years removed from the farm, farmer's daughter is still a title I enjoy.
Growing up on a farm taught me many invaluable lessons, two of those being frugality and creativity.
Now as a wife and a mom, I love to put into practice what I learned growing up as a
Farmer's Daughter.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Georgina's Salad


This salad gets its name from Brian's cousin, Georgina. She brought the salad to a church pitch-in several years ago and gave my mom the recipe . . . which was passed down to me.

It is essentially a vegetable salad that has a nice vinegar/sweet tang to it - which like most vinegar recipes is better the next day.

Be forewarned - this recipe makes a lot! Plan on taking it to a pitch-in or putting some in nice, pretty Mason jars to share with friends.

Did I mention this recipe makes a lot?

1 can each (drained):
french style green beans
sweet peas
white corn
yellow corn

1 cup each:
diced green pepper
diced celery
diced onion

1 jar (4 oz.) pimentos

Sauce:
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup vinegar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3/4 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. salt
1/3 cup water

In large bowl, mix sauce ingredients until sugar is dissolved; add vegetables. Refrigerate. Best if made the night before.

Love Me

No comments: