Farmer's Daughter

Although 20+ years removed from the farm, farmer's daughter is still a title I enjoy.
Growing up on a farm taught me many invaluable lessons, two of those being frugality and creativity.
Now as a wife and a mom, I love to put into practice what I learned growing up as a
Farmer's Daughter.

Friday, July 9, 2010

7/5/10 Menu


The extended weekend meant meals this week have been ANYTHING but planned and organized. You would think that after my trip to Jungle Jim's we would be eating exotic and exciting food every night!

We did have a decent supper last night - ham steaks, green beans, Hawaiian bread, and fresh corn on the cob (from the Farmer, a/k/a Daddy, himself). Yummy!

Looking ahead, this next week is going to be all messed up too because the kids are all going to be gone at church camp.

A whole week of date nights!!!! Well we will see. Ha ha.

I have a Breast Cancer Support Group meeting on Monday night, church on Wednesday . . . BUT we are staying at a secluded cabin on Thursday night! And we STILL have an Olive Garden/Red Lobster gift card to use.

So . . . in lieu of posting our weekly menu for next week (I don't want to make anyone jealous with all of the lobster and caviar we will be eating - ha ha!) I plan on posting something different.

Since Megan is getting married in SIX short months, my thoughts lately have been on the wedding and reception.

And . . . since the wedding will be in January, I have dug out some of my holiday/winter cookbooks hoping to get some inspiration for the reception menu.

Talk about Christmas in July!

Paula Deen and Taste of Home have not let me down! Next week I will start posting some potential contenders for the big day!!

Love Me

No comments: