Farmer's Daughter

Although 20+ years removed from the farm, farmer's daughter is still a title I enjoy.
Growing up on a farm taught me many invaluable lessons, two of those being frugality and creativity.
Now as a wife and a mom, I love to put into practice what I learned growing up as a
Farmer's Daughter.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Sweet and Sour Meat Loaf


Three goobers - just like their Dad!

Another yummy recipe from my mom. Levi loves this meat loaf so much that my mom would have to shut him off at the table when he was little!

1 1/2 pound ground beef (ground chuck is best)
1 cup cracker crumbs
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 eggs
1 tsp. instant minced onions
1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce, divided (catsup will work too)

Sauce:

remaining tomato sauce from meat loaf - again catsup will work
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. vinegar (apple cider)
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. prepared mustard

Mix together beef, cracker crumbs, salt, pepper and eggs. Add onions and 1/2 of tomato sauce. Form into loaf in pan.

Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until done.

In saucepan, combine sauce ingredients; bring to boil. Pour over meat loaf. Bake 10 min. more.

Love Me

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't wait for Adam to try this! I've always thought of it as a very "manly" meal... but I love it too! Thanks for putting it on here. :)

Love,
Your Girl