Farmer's Daughter

Although 20+ years removed from the farm, farmer's daughter is still a title I enjoy.
Growing up on a farm taught me many invaluable lessons, two of those being frugality and creativity.
Now as a wife and a mom, I love to put into practice what I learned growing up as a
Farmer's Daughter.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Pampered Chef Micro Cookers

Pampered Chef Micro Cooker


I don't own a lot of Pampered Chef items - in fact, since I dropped a cast iron skillet on my Pampered Chef pizza stone (oops!) the Pampered Chef Micro Cooker (large and small) are the only Pampered Chef items I own.

But I use them absolutely every day and thanks to Angel - whose party I bought them at and who told me about browning hamburger from a frozen state in 5 minutes - they have become my best go to kitchen gadgets.

How I use them:

- I use the small cooker every morning to make poached eggs (they taste like boiled eggs only they are flat). Crack two eggs into small cooker sprayed with Pam. Cook on high 1 1/2 minutes. Viola! Easy, healthy breakfast.

- I use the larger cooker to brown ground beef. Frozen to browned in 5 minutes! Use the chopper to break the meat up halfway through the cooking time and then once done. I love it that the lids have the strainer holes. Talk about easy!

- I use the larger cooker to microwave potatoes. Just place in cooker and use the potato button on the microwave. The cooker helps hold in the moisture and makes a much more moist potato.

- Forget buying expense steamer bags for vegetables. I use both the small and large cooker (depending on how much I am cooking) to steam vegetables. Fresh and tasty!

Don't overlook these awesome cookers at the next Pampered Chef party you go to - they aren't fancy, but they work great and are easy to clean!

Love Me

2 comments:

Angel said...

Amen sister!!! And the fact that my name made your cooking blog is even more of a testimony to the wonder of "micro cookers"!

Katrena said...

Katrena - I bought the small cooker for my daughter at college - she can warm soups, ramen noodles, etc... in the microwave. And when she's finished, she can drain the excess liquid and throw any leftover solids in the trash. I always recommend one of these at parties if I know there is a parent with an upcoming college student.