Farmer's Daughter

Although 20+ years removed from the farm, farmer's daughter is still a title I enjoy.
Growing up on a farm taught me many invaluable lessons, two of those being frugality and creativity.
Now as a wife and a mom, I love to put into practice what I learned growing up as a
Farmer's Daughter.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Salisbury Steaks


I don't know what makes Golden Mushroom soup so much different than its paler cousin Cream of Mushroom soup . . . but in my book, the difference is huge!

Cream of Mushroom soup - gross!

Golden Mushroom soup - good!

This salisbury steak recipe which uses Golden Mushroom soup has got to be one of the easiest and tastiest ground beef recipes around.

NOTE: Do not substitute cream of mushroom soup for GOLDEN MUSHROOM soup. If you do I will paddle your bottom.

Sorry, that was the mom in me coming out.

2 pounds of ground chuck
1 egg
1 sleeve of saltine crackers, crushed
1/4 cup and 2 Tbsp. catsup, divided
salt and pepper
1 can Golden Mushroom soup

In a large bowl mix ground chuck, egg, crushed saltines, catsup, and salt and pepper (to taste). Mix well then form into 8 large patties.

In sprayed skillet, cook patties over med-high heat until well browned on both sides, but not completely cooked through.

Remove patties from skillet. Drain all grease. Return patties to skillet.

In small bowl combine soup with 1/2 can of water and 2 tbsp. catsup. Mix well.

Pour soup mixture over patties in skillet. Cover and simmer over low heat for 1/2 hour or until patties are completely cooked.

Love Me

No comments: