Farmer's Daughter

Although 20+ years removed from the farm, farmer's daughter is still a title I enjoy.
Growing up on a farm taught me many invaluable lessons, two of those being frugality and creativity.
Now as a wife and a mom, I love to put into practice what I learned growing up as a
Farmer's Daughter.

Monday, January 31, 2011

1/31/11 Menu

Megan looking stylish while keeping house.

Proof that Levi knows how to wash dishes but just chooses not to wash dishes.


The other day someone asked me what it was like living with all boys now.

It is different . . . definitely different.

Here are some differences bullet style:

  • I never walk in the house and find that the dishes have been done.
  • I am the only one who feeds the cats.
  • We watch ESPN . . . a lot.
  • We eat more meat.
  • I have not found a bobby pin on the floor or in the laundry for weeks.
  • Unless I want to smell like a man, I have no one's body wash to borrow when mine runs out.
  • I haven't shaved my legs with a girl razor in weeks.
  • Did I mention we watch ESPN . . . a lot.
  • Scooby now has his own place at the table.
Monday - Frozen pizza
Tuesday - Swiss steak, egg noodles, peas
Wednesday - spaghetti and garlic bread
Thursday - Ham, au gratin potatoes, green beans
Friday - Manwich, twice baked sweet potatoes
Saturday - Turkey ManHattan, peas

Recipes I will highlight this week: Swiss Steak, twice baked sweet potatoes, and raspberry jelly roll.

Love Me

No comments: