Farmer's Daughter

Although 20+ years removed from the farm, farmer's daughter is still a title I enjoy.
Growing up on a farm taught me many invaluable lessons, two of those being frugality and creativity.
Now as a wife and a mom, I love to put into practice what I learned growing up as a
Farmer's Daughter.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Southwestern Beef 'n Rice Stuffed Peppers


Brian has always asked me to make stuffed peppers.

I am not sure if he is asking for them because he has had them somewhere and liked them or because he just wants to try them.

Anyway, I have never had a stuffed pepper recipe that I thought looked good . . . until now.

1 lb. lean ground beef
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 (1.25 oz.) pkg. taco seasoning mix
1 egg, beaten
2 cups cooked rice
4 medium green bell peppers
1/2 cup salsa
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Heat oven to 375 degrees. In large bowl, combine ground beef, onion, taco mix and egg; mix well. Add rice; mix well.

Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise; remove seeds and membrane. Put cut side up in ungreased 13x9 baking dish. Spoon beef mixture into peppers, mounding as needed. Top each with 1 tbsp. of salsa. Pour water into dish around peppers.

Bake at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until beef is thoroughly cooked and peppers are crisp tender. Top each with about 1/2 tbsp. sour cream and 1 tbsp. cheese.

Love Me

No comments: